RFC: Adding a check to the top level configure script for a binary-mounted cygwin-hosted build directory

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu May 24 09:47:00 GMT 2007

Hi Paolo, Hi Alex,

> I haven't looked at the patch yet, but as an aside, I think this should
> also go into the main autoconf distribution; there is no reason why
> somebody should build under a text-mode mounted directory.

I agree, I think it would be very good to have this check available in
the main autoconf sources.

I am attaching an updated patch which fixes a couple of problems
uncovered in the first version:

   * I was not escaping the square brackets in the awk script.
   * The check for the "binmode" string needed to be stricter.