Question about windres extension and a message compiler for windres.
Dave Korn
dave.korn@artimi.com
Mon May 21 10:32:00 GMT 2007
On 21 May 2007 11:15, Kai Tietz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is the update of the windres patch correcting the resource id writing
> in resres.c writing 0xfff instead of correct 0xffff. Also I replaced
> internal messages shown by fatal in windres by assert / abort function. I
> tried my best to wrap lines and put a space after the '!'. Additionally I
> rebuild the new test-case rsd files.
Thanks, Kai, I'll get time to look at it late tonight. A couple of grammar
points for your changelog entries: (I do not mean to offend, I appreciate
English is not your first language!)
> * binutils/Makefile.am: Added new header windint.h and
> exchanged rclex.l by rclex.c.
"and replaced rxlex.l with rclex.c"
> * binutils/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
> * binutils/rcparse.y: Renamed some structures.
Should probably list which structures.
> Use in internal representation always bfd_vma instead of
> long or int.
"Always use bfd_vma in internal representation instead of long or int"
> Removed from %union unused stringtable.
"Removed unused stringtable from %union"
> Added to %union suni structure for unicode strings.
"Added suni structure to %union for unicode strings"
> * binutils/resbin.c: Rewrote using bfd and binary structures, and
> support new resource types.
"support" is present tense, so use "Rewrite" to match, instead of "rewrote"
(past tense).
> * binutils/resrc.c: Likewise. Dumps as RC are now recompilable.
"RC format dumps are now recompilable" or "Dumps in RC format are now
recompilable".
> * binutils/windres.c: As above. Using bfd for res and provide
> target specific endianess support.
"Use bfd for res..."
> * binutils/windres.h: Use windint.h as include. Additionally removed
> K&R syntax.
"Include windint.h. Additionally, remove K&R syntax."
cheers,
DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
More information about the Binutils
mailing list