[COMMIT] Update GAS ports to build on a 64-bit host

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 17:37:00 GMT 2006


Hi Guys,

  I have just upgraded to running a 64-bit OS with a 64-bit version of
  gcc 4 installed and I found that several ports would not build
  because of problems with their GAS specific code.  So I am applying
  the attached patch to fix the bugs.

  I was unable to perform my normal regression tests (due having lost
  all of my regression data), but I did run the testsuites for the
  affected ports and they all seem OK apart from the ARC port.  This
  one appears to be broken (lots of unexpected failures in the GAS
  testsuite) but I need some more time to find out exactly what is
  wrong with it.  So I am not going to apply the patch to tc-arc.c
  just yet.  I will apply the patches to the other files though.

Cheers
  Nick

gas/ChangeLog
2006-01-11  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	Fixes for building on 64-bit hosts:
	* config/tc-avr.c (mod_index): New union to allow conversion
	between pointers and integers.
	(md_begin, avr_ldi_expression): Use it.
	* config/tc-i370.c (md_assemble): Add cast for argument to print
	statement.
	* config/tc-tic54x.c (subsym_substitute): Likewise.
	* config/tc-mn10200.c (md_assemble): Use a union to convert the
	opindex field of fr_cgen structure into a pointer so that it can
	be stored in a frag.
	* config/tc-mn10300.c (md_assemble): Likewise.
	* config/tc-frv.c (frv_debug_tomcat): Use %p to print pointer
	types.
	* config/tc-v850.c: Replace uses of (int) casts with correct
	types.

gas/testsuite/ChangeLog
2006-01-11  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* gas/tic54x/address.d: Work with 64bit hosts.
	* gas/tic54x/addrfar.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/align.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/all-opcodes.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/asg.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/cons.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/consfar.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/extaddr.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/field.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/labels.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/loop.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/lp.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/macro.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/math.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/opcodes.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/sections.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/set.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/struct.d: Likewise.
	* gas/tic54x/subsym.d: Likewise.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gas.64bit.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 45194 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20060111/b59c3ed9/attachment.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list