gas .L labels
Amit Kale
amitkale@linsyssoft.com
Wed Jan 11 11:11:00 GMT 2006
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the prompt reply!
-Amit
On Wednesday 11 Jan 2006 4:27 pm, Dave Korn wrote:
> Amit Kale wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found that labels begining with .L don't appear in the symbols exported
> > from an assembly file (found via objdump -t). Other labels are exported
> > even if they are not declared .globl
> >
> > I didn't find any documentation for this feature.
>
> See the section on "Include Local Labels" (2.6) in the gas manual.
>
> > Is this how it was designed?
>
> Yep.
>
> > I would also like to know if there are other ways of making
> > labels local.
>
> See the section on "Symbol Names" (5.3) in the gas manual.
>
> cheers,
> DaveK
More information about the Binutils
mailing list