DWARF updates for linker relaxation?

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Wed Aug 9 00:12:00 GMT 2006


Nick Clifton wrote:
> Sorry about that.  I have been very behind in answering binutils email 
> recently. :-(

That's OK -- I don't think there was any existing code to start from.  I have no 
idea what the comments in the SH code were referring to, but I'm pretty sure GAS 
is not generating relocs for DWARF line numbers on SH.

>> I tested this by building for both i686-pc-linux-gnu and xtensa-elf 
>> targets. The testsuite passes with no regressions, except for one.  
>> For the xtensa-elf target, the lns/lns-common-1 test fails because the 
>> expected dump file no longer matches.  Is there an easy way to specify 
>> an alternate expected dump file?
> 
> Yes.  Edit the lns.exp file and an explicit entry for the xtensa port.  eg:
 > [ example removed ]

Thanks -- my DejaGNU skills are pretty minimal, and you saved me a bunch of time 
trying to figure out how to do this.  Here is the testsuite change that I have 
applied along with the previous patch.  I named the file with a "-alt" suffix 
instead of "-xtensa", because other targets may someday need to use this style 
of DWARF line numbers and so it's really not Xtensa-specific.  I verified that 
there are no unexpected failures for both xtensa-elf and i686-pc-linux-gnu builds.

2006-08-08  Bob Wilson  <bob.wilson@acm.org>

	* gas/lns/lns-common-1-alt.d: New file.
	* gas/lns/lns.exp: Use lns-common-1-alt.d for xtensa targets.

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: gas-dwarf2-test.diff
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20060809/b9e334c1/attachment.ksh>


More information about the Binutils mailing list