DWARF updates for linker relaxation?

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 10:16:00 GMT 2006


Hi Bob,

> I didn't get any suggestions or pointers to existing code,

Sorry about that.  I have been very behind in answering binutils email 
recently. :-(

> I tested this by building for both i686-pc-linux-gnu and xtensa-elf 
> targets. The testsuite passes with no regressions, except for one.  For 
> the xtensa-elf target, the lns/lns-common-1 test fails because the 
> expected dump file no longer matches.  Is there an easy way to specify 
> an alternate expected dump file?

Yes.  Edit the lns.exp file and an explicit entry for the xtensa port.  eg:

   if { ![istarget ia64*-*-*] && ![istarget i370-*-*]
        && ![istarget i960-*-*] && ![istarget or32-*-*]
        && ![istarget s390*-*-*] } {
      if {[istarget xtensa-*-*]} {
        run_dump_test "lns-common-1-xtensa"
      } else {
        run_dump_test "lns-common-1"
      }
    }

Then create an "lns-common-1-xtensa.d" file containing the correct 
regexps and also this line at the start:

   # source lns-common-1.s


> Assuming I get that regression fixed, is this OK?
> 
> 2006-07-28  Bob Wilson  <bob.wilson@acm.org>
> 
>     * dwarf2dbg.c (DWARF2_USE_FIXED_ADVANCE_PC): New.
>     (out_sleb128): New.
>     (out_fixed_inc_line_addr): New.
>     (process_entries): Use out_fixed_inc_line_addr when
>     DWARF2_USE_FIXED_ADVANCE_PC is set.
>     * config/tc-xtensa.h (DWARF2_USE_FIXED_ADVANCE_PC): Define.

Approved - please apply.

Cheers
   Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list