uclibc patches

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 00:37:00 GMT 2005

Hi Mike,

>>>basically every place you see '-linux-gnu*', add a similar
>>>'-linux-uclibc*' match
>>
>>Perhaps it is politically incorrect to suggest this, but wouldn't it
>>make sense to just allow -linux-* rather than add a bunch of
>>linux-uclibc's everywhere?

> it doesnt matter to me which is used so long as 'it works' :)

I like this idea.  So I have checked in the attached variant of your
patch together with these ChangeLog entries:

bfd/ChangeLog
2005-03-23  Mike Frysinger  <vapier@gentoo.org>
	    Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* config.bfd: Accept any C library to accompany a GNU Linux
	implementation, not just the GNU C library.
	* configure.in: Likewise.
	* configure: Regenerate.

gas/ChangeLog

2005-03-23  Mike Frysinger  <vapier@gentoo.org>
	    Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* configure.tgt: Accept any C library to accompany a GNU Linux
	implementation, not just the GNU C library.
	* configure.in: Likewise.
	* configure: Regenerate.

ld/ChangeLog
2005-03-23  Mike Frysinger  <vapier@gentoo.org>
	    Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* configure.host: Accept any C library to accompany a GNU Linux
	implementation, not just the GNU C library.
	* configure.tgt: Likewise.
	* emultempl/elf32.em: Likewise.