uclibc patches

Simon Richter Simon.Richter@hogyros.de
Sun Mar 20 20:24:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

Peter S. Mazinger schrieb:

> Would patches to add support for tuple
> arch-*-linux-uclibc*
> be acceptable?

I'm not sure *-*-linux-uclibc would be the right choice, as it suggests
running Linux with uclibc as your C library, which is something the
binutils need not care about. I could, however, see a case for
*-*-uclinux due to the ABI differences and the need for relocation
information in fully linked executables.

I am working on implementing "armelf_uclinux" and "armelfb_uclinux"
emulations which would emit ELF binaries with relocation information for
ARM CPUs. I'm, however,  unsure about whom to contact for a hint on what
to change to denote the ABI differences in the ELF files.

    Simon