Question!

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 20:11:00 GMT 2005

Hi NK,

> I have question regarding LD, I have modified the SEARCH_DIR path in
> the ld using --with-lib-path during configuration. I want ld to look
> into new path for libraries I have specified.
>
> Interestingly it is going into /usr/bin and accessing libc.so from
> there.. and because I have modified the SEARCH_DIR so it is not going
> into /lib and unable to find ld-linux.so.2, but going in /usr/lib;
> this is something I don't want.
>
> So my question is even if I have modified the SEARCH_DIR in ld why it
> is going into /usr/lib (path is not there)? Is there a way to prevent
> that... or it is hard coded somewhere in the code. I have all libc .so
> in path I have specified also, but not picking from there...

You may well have encountered a bug in the linker.  The --with-lib-path
configure switch is supposed to control where the linker will look for
libraries.

If you can reproduce this problem using the latest sources in the
binutils CVS repository then please submit a bug report, including a
small working example of the problem, via the binutils bugzilla system at:

   http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/