Question!

NK asknkj@gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 21:03:00 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I have question regarding LD, I have modified the SEARCH_DIR path in
the ld using --with-lib-path during configuration. I want ld to look
into new path for libraries I have specified.

Interestingly it is going into /usr/bin and accessing libc.so from
there.. and because I have modified the SEARCH_DIR so it is not going
into /lib and unable to find ld-linux.so.2, but going in /usr/lib;
this is something I don't want.

So my question is even if I have modified the SEARCH_DIR in ld why it
is going into /usr/lib (path is not there)? Is there a way to prevent
that... or it is hard coded somewhere in the code. I have all libc .so
in path I have specified also, but not picking from there...

Thanks a lot in advance.
-nk