Proposed patch to objectcopy.c

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 11:44:00 GMT 2005

Hi Daniel,

> This patch adds the command-line flag '--globalize-symbol <name>', which
> will "force symbol <name> to be marked as global". In effect, it does
> the inverse of the '--localize-symbol <name>' flag.

> Please let me know what you think.

This is just to let you know that I have not forgotten about this patch
but I am going to wait until after the 2.16 branch has been taken to
review it.  I think that a new feature like this, which has the
potential to introduce sublte new bugs, should wait until after the
branch.  That way there will be lots of time to test it before releasing
it to the public at large.