How to build windres to run on OS X

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Sat Jun 18 21:46:00 GMT 2005


On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 11:45:22AM -0700, Wenlin Institute wrote:
> Could anyone please explain how to build windres to run on OS X (or  
> Darwin)? I downloaded and installed binutils-2.16.1, which includes  
> windres.c, but windres is still not built or installed. The docs for  
> windres say:
> 
> "Warning: windres is not always built as part of the binary utilities,  
> since it is only useful for Windows targets."
> 
> What I'm trying to do is cross-compile the MS-Windows version of an  
> application, using a Macintosh. I've followed the instructions for  
> "Installing and Using the MinGW Cross-Compiler on Mac OS X" using  
> DarwinPorts

Try configuring binutils for the right target:
--target=i686-pc-mingw32.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC



More information about the Binutils mailing list