v850-unknown-elf-objdump, can't disassemble for architecture unknown
Nick Clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 08:24:00 GMT 2005
Hi Torsten,
>>I downloaded libelf, looked up EM_V850, patched the ELF file, and now
>>v850-unknown-elf-objdump -h -S works as expected!
>>
>>So i need to have a patched version of the ELF file to work on it with
>>binutils?
Yes - unless you use a patched version of binutils. See below.
> Daniel wrote.
> I don't think the GNU tools have a v800 port.
It does not.
> But maybe the GNU tools should accept EM_V800.
It should, and so I am checking in the attached patch. With this
applied I am able to disassemble the binary that Torsten sent, without
having to modify it in any way.
Torsten: Please note that this patch allows the binutils code to read
binary files produced by the GreenHills toolchain. It does not make it
produce binaries that are compatible with the GreenHills toolchain
however. So if you use the GNU linker to create an executable it
probably not be compatible with the GreenHills disassembler, debugger,
etc. (I am assuming that GreenHills does not support the EM_V850
machine number).
Cheers
Nick
bfd/ChangeLog
2005-06-15 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
* elf32-v850.c (ELF_MACHINE_ALT2): Define so that binaries
produced by the GreenHills toolchain can be assimilated.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: elf32-v850.c.patch
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20050615/5b76c39c/attachment.ksh>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list