v850-unknown-elf-objdump, can't disassemble for architecture unknown

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue Jun 14 22:40:00 GMT 2005


On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:28:34PM +0200, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> > It's been a long time - but I seem to remember that the GHS tools use a
> > different machine number for V850 than the GNU tools do.  I think they
> > use EM_V800 even though it's a V850; we expect EM_V850.
> 
> great, thanks.
> 
> I downloaded libelf, looked up EM_V850, patched the ELF file, and now
> v850-unknown-elf-objdump -h -S works as expected!
> 
> So i need to have a patched version of the ELF file to work on it with
> binutils?
> 
> I guess (if that even exists) v800-unknown-elf does not disassemble
> the v850 opcodes?

I don't think the GNU tools have a v800 port.  But I'm way out of my
depth here.  I don't know anything about either processor.

But maybe the GNU tools should accept EM_V800.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC



More information about the Binutils mailing list