performance problem when linking for windows
Christian Joensson
christian.joensson@gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:33:00 GMT 2005
On 6/13/05, H. J. Lu <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 05:14:10PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > >Hello. Is this list an appropriate place to ask questions about the
> > >performance of binutils?
> >
> > Yes :-)
> >
> > >These are all the items above 1% of the link time when I build the
> > >linker with profiling:
> >
> > > 10.49 165.97 22.11 104704 0.00 0.00 wild_sort
> >
> > >Does anyone have some advice on where I might look to speed this up?
> >
> > Have you seen this:
> > http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roc/archives/2005/02/optimizing_gnu.html
> >
> > The patch has not yet been accepted into the binutils because of
> > copyright assignment problems, but you still might find it useful for
> > yourself.
> >
>
> I think it has been checked in:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-03/msg00847.html
>
>
> H.J.
>
Right, 2005-04-06.
--
Cheers,
/ChJ
More information about the Binutils
mailing list