performance problem when linking for windows

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Mon Jun 13 19:08:00 GMT 2005


On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 05:14:10PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> 
> >Hello.  Is this list an appropriate place to ask questions about the
> >performance of binutils?
> 
> Yes :-)
> 
> >These are all the items above 1% of the link time when I build the
> >linker with profiling:
> 
> > 10.49    165.97    22.11     104704     0.00     0.00  wild_sort
> 
> >Does anyone have some advice on where I might look to speed this up?
> 
> Have you seen this:
>   http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roc/archives/2005/02/optimizing_gnu.html
> 
> The patch has not yet been accepted into the binutils because of 
> copyright assignment problems, but you still might find it useful for 
> yourself.
> 

I think it has been checked in:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-03/msg00847.html


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list