[RFA:] ar test failure fix

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Jun 8 02:51:00 GMT 2005


Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> Mark, did you really run the testsuite after your bfd-fopen ABI
> changes, in a *clean* directory (no partial test-results or
> left-over files)?  My autotester for cris-elf did, and got
> (after the recent new-port-commit debacle and switch braino was
> fixed, that is):

I ran the GDB testsuite, and built Binutils with --enable-target=all. 
Was I supposed to run the binutils testsuite too?  If so, I'll be sure 
to do that in future.

> Looking closer, it seems you added a call to bfd_error but
> didn't make a corresponding clearing call.

I wondered about that.  But, bfd_fdopenr was that way before; it called 
  bfd_set_error (bfd_error_system_call), but never cleared it.  All I 
did was preserve that behavior.  Was that a latent bug?

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304



More information about the Binutils mailing list