Branches in CVS repository?

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed Jan 19 15:49:00 GMT 2005

Nick Clifton wrote:

>> May we make the date optional?
>

> We could, if you can convince me that it is unneeded.  At the moment I
> still think that it is useful.

I don't debate that it will be useful to you.

But if it's not useful to someone else, and they're already operating in
a separate tag namespace, why is it important to you?

It's not that I can't add a date on the end of every branch; it's just
that I don't particularly want to, and I don't see how that helps the
broader community.  (What I would imagine helpful is requiring people to
document the branches they've created.)

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell