PATCH: --sysroot-suffix

Richard Sandiford rsandifo@redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 11:44:00 GMT 2005

Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> writes:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> I've got some patches to add the --sysroot option that Daniel suggests,
>> but I've been sitting on them waiting for gcc to enter stage 1 (or for
>> the 2.16 release process to kick off, whichever was sooner).
>
> I don't understand the wait on the binutils patches,

Well, I was hoping gcc would enter stage 1 before the 2.16 process
began, and that I could then submit both patches at the same time.
Seemed easier to justify that way.

> I do see a problem that this patch seems to require that the
> tools were configured with --with-sysroot=.

...or just plain --with-sysroot...

> Am I misunderstanding?

No.

> If not, can this restriction be lifted?

I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader ;)  The patch was
written with cross toolchains in mind, and in my experience,
you either use sysroots all the time for a particular cross
toolchain, or you don't use them at all.

Richard