PATCH: --sysroot-suffix

Hans-Peter Nilsson hp@bitrange.com
Mon Jan 17 11:37:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> I've got some patches to add the --sysroot option that Daniel suggests,
> but I've been sitting on them waiting for gcc to enter stage 1 (or for
> the 2.16 release process to kick off, whichever was sooner).

I don't understand the wait on the binutils patches, but (no
surprise) I should way I like this.

> Might be missing the point here, but in the patches below, gcc will only
> handle --sysroot=/-fsysroot= correctly if the linker also understands
> --sysroot=.  It seemed like a reasonable restriction at the time
> but I'd be interested to know what others think.

With that, I see no problem at all.

I do see a problem that this patch seems to require that the
tools were configured with --with-sysroot=.
Am I misunderstanding?  If not, can this restriction be lifted?

brgds, H-P