Adding vle functionality to /ld/scripttempl/elf.sc

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 16:35:00 GMT 2005

Hi Kristi,

> Edmar and I have added some functionality to the elf.sc default linker
> script file to generate the .texv (text vle code), aligned on a 64K
> boundary.  Do you forsee any problems with us committing this code to
> the default elf linker script:
>
> .texv ALIGN(0x10000) ${RELOCATING-0} :
> {
>   *(.texv ${RELOCATING+ .texv.*})
> } =${NOP-0}

Why not simply add this section to the OTHER_READONLY_SECTIONS variable
for your particular target ?  ie why make a change to a generic file
like elf.sc when you can keep the modifications to a target specific file ?