arm-elf-ld 2.16.1 crash at bfd/elf32-arm.c:5536

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 08:24:00 GMT 2005

Hi Shaun,

> hello.o: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), not stripped
> data.o:  ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, no machine, version 1 (ARM), not stripped
>
> It looks like the warning is caused by the machine field of the object
> file created by objcopy being set to 'no machine' instead of 'ARM'.
> Can I pass an option to objcopy to change the machine field?

   --alt-machine-code 40

> Or perhaps the machine field should default to 'ARM'.

Debatable.  Since the input file is "binary" it is presumably not
actually ARM code at all, but something else.  (If it was ARM code it
would have been created by the assembler and already have the machine
field set to EM_ARM).