arm-elf-ld 2.16.1 crash at bfd/elf32-arm.c:5536

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 11:10:00 GMT 2005

Hi Paul,

> Nearly. A couple of bugs: You were only defining bfd_elf32_close_and_cleanup
> for the symbian configuration,

Oops!

> and unrecord_section_with_arm_elf_section_data was trying to free() memory not
> allocated with malloc.
>
> Updated patch attached.
> Ok?

Yes, but I decided that removing the call to free() in unrecorded... is
not quite right.  We would just be leaking memory that way.  Well,
actually we probably won't be since the memory will be freed when the
bfd is released, but this assumes that the bfd is released in a timely
fashion.  I prefer to have explicit malloc()s and free()s so that we
know when the memory is supposed to be valid.

So with that one small change I have checked our combined patch in, and
I'll close the PR again.