[RFC/RFA] Proper mnemonics for VIA PadLock (i386) instructions
Marc Espie
espie@nerim.net
Wed Apr 13 23:35:00 GMT 2005
H.J.Lu wrote:
> have the same concern as Alan. Unless ALL x86 assembly codes, open
> source or otherwise, not just those on OpenBSD, have been assembled
> correctly with the modified assembler, I don't think it should go into
> the FSF assembler.
We have something like >4G of source code between source, X, and ports
in OpenBSD. If that's not sufficient coverage, then I don't know what is.
Guys, OpenBSD is not a niche OS. We compile a heck of a lot of stuff.
H.J., I also have a problem taking your statement seriously, considering
how often your patches break stuff that is not linux. Should we demand
that you test your patches on ALL OSes that use i386 before committing
a 386 change ?
More information about the Binutils
mailing list