PATCH: Reduce size of SymbianOS DLLs

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 15:29:00 GMT 2004


Hi Guys,

>>Well now that you mention it...  elf32-arm.h is a header so that it can
>>be included by elfarm-nabi.c and elfarm-oabi.c.  I haven't seen
>>indication of the "old, old" ABI being used in a long time.  If I
>>remember right, you were talking about removing it.
>>
>>If there's no reason not to do that, we could move all the code from
>>elf32-arm.h and elfarm-nabi.c to elf32-arm.c (or just move it to
>>elfarm-nabi.c to avoid disrupting history).  That's real simple.
> 
> 
> I would have thought all the 'interesting' history was in elf32-arm.h,
> which we'd loose anyway.  So moving it all to elf32-arm.c would probably
> be the 'correct' move for consistency with other architectures.

I would definitely support the idea of obsoleting the "old, old ABI" 
support.  As far as I know there is nobody using it today, but I think 
that we ought to do the proper thing and add the arm-*-oabi target to 
the obsolete configurations section at the start of bfd/config.bfd. 
Then, after the 2.16 release we can remove the old code and merge 
elf32-arm.h and elfarm-nabi.c into elf32-arm.c.

Cheers
   Nick




More information about the Binutils mailing list