RFA: Don't canonicalize STT_SECTION syms

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Fri Dec 10 03:21:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:14:47PM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> The error seems in all cases to be that the section name in
> relocs isn't printed but instead, nothing.  For example, the
> first error from gas.log:

> I'm a bit surprised that noone else has reported a problem; this
> doesn't seem to be specfific for the MMIX port or some
> unconventional corner of it.

The MMIX port must be doing something different with section symbols
than other targets; I tested a couple of other platforms.  Could you
show me readelf -Ss output for an affected object?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz