[Patch] use hacked fseek for mingw32 in bfd [Was:why is there a need for mingw-local patches...
Danny Smith
danny_r_smith_2001@yahoo.co.nz
Thu Oct 16 23:04:00 GMT 2003
--- Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 11:42:34AM +1000, Danny Smith wrote:
> >bfd/ChangeLog
> >
> >2003-10-16 Danny Smith <dannysmith@users.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > * sysdep.h: Define __USE_MINGW_FSEEK for mingw32.
>
> I think I can approve this since it is Mingw specific, so go ahead and
> check it in.
>
> cgf
Uh, I'm surprised you didn't object. I think following is a little better place
for it.
Danny
bfd/ChangeLog
2003-10-17 Danny Smith <dannysmith@users.sourceforge.net>
* configure.host: Add __USE_MINGW_FSEEK to HDEFINES for
mingw32.
Index: configure.host
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/bfd/configure.host,v
retrieving revision 1.13
diff -c -3 -p -r1.13 configure.host
*** configure.host 19 Sep 2003 03:55:40 -0000 1.13
--- configure.host 16 Oct 2003 22:53:19 -0000
*************** hppa*-*-osf*) HDEFINES=-DHOST_HPPAOSF ;
*** 27,32 ****
--- 27,36 ----
ia64-*-*) host64=true;;
+ # Workaround for limitations on win9x where file contents are
+ # not zero'd out if you seek past the end and then write.
+ i[3-7]86-*-mingw32*) HDEFINES=-D__USE_MINGW_FSEEK;;
+
i[3-7]86-sequent-bsd*) HDEFINES=-Dshared=genshared ;;
i[3-7]86-sequent-sysv4*) ;;
i[3-7]86-sequent-sysv*) HDEFINES=-Dshared=genshared ;;
http://personals.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Personals
New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list