libbfd/gas questions plus a suggestion (comments wanted)

Jonathan Wilson jonwil@tpgi.com.au
Tue Oct 14 12:36:00 GMT 2003


Basicly, since I cant find anything otherwise, I want to add a new feature 
to gas.
I want to add a feature that says "emit this symbol with a segment value of 
-2 (aka IMAGE_SYM_ABSOLUTE).
Firstly, what bit of the code (I presume its in BFD somewhere) outputs the 
symbol table for win32 i386-pe COFF object files?
And secondly, what is the best way to tell that bit of code that a symbol 
should be emitted as "absolute".
My guess is something like:
.absolute __tls_array

Anyone want to provide comments and/or suggestions on how to do this?
Another option is to have a post-processor that will post-process the obj 
file and allow you to change the segment value in the symbol table for a 
given symbol to IMAGE_SYM_ABSOLUTE but to me that smells like a klidgy hack 
and is probobly not the right way to do it.



More information about the Binutils mailing list