i386-netware-ld target for Netware NLM files with C++ support

Bernd Herd info@herdsoft.com
Fri May 9 19:25:00 GMT 2003


Ian Lance Taylor schrieb:

Hello Ian,

thanks a lot.

> Or you could work up a gcc patch.  Do you plan to invoke collect?  I
> would guess not as I'm not sure how it could work.  So you could
> define a new gcc configuration which simply defined LINKER_NAME.  Or
> if you don't want a gcc patch you could write a simple sed/awk script
> to edit the gcc specs file to change the `linker' spec.  But I'm not
> sure when you would invoke that script.

Setting LINKER_NAME did exactly what I wanted. UNtil now it called 
collect2 and I thought it would neet collect2, but static constructors 
also work without collect2, obviously collect2 is not needed with a GNU 
ld linker.

But why is my debian linux box also calling collect2 when linking native 
ELF programs, then?

Bernd

	:-)


-- 
Herd Software Entwicklung
Bernd Herd
Kettelerstr. 35
68642 Bürstadt
Germany
Tel.: +49-6206-707775, Fax.: +49-6206-707776
http://www.herdsoft.com



More information about the Binutils mailing list