assembler seg faults trying to put code in absolute section

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Mon Jul 14 21:41:00 GMT 2003

The .struct directive leaves the current section set to the absolute section.
If you forgot to switch back to some other section and try to assemble code
into the absolute section, the assembler gets a seg fault.  The problem
exists now and goes back at least to version 2.11.

The attached x86 test file will demonstrate the problem.

I suspect a simple check somewhere is the right way to handle this, but I'm
not at all sure where to add such a check.  If someone points me in the right
direction, I would be glad to attempt a patch.

--Bob