Error building binutils from cvs

Jan-Hendrik Palic palic@billgotchy.de
Wed Jan 1 13:00:00 GMT 2003

Hi ..

thnx for your Mail Nick ...

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 12:55:43PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
>Hi Jan-Hendrik,
>> checking whether the C compiler ( mips64-linux-gcc
>> -L/mnt/develop/toolchain/compiled/binutils/ld -O2 -g ) works... no
>> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
>> cannot create executables.
>> make: *** [mips64-linux/libiberty/Makefile] Error 1
>
>> I tried to build the cross binutils from today cvs on intel to
>> mips64-linux and from powerpc to mips64-linux ......
>>
>> I looked for mips64-linux-gcc and I did not found it ...
>
>Have you actually built a mips64-linux-gcc compiler ?

Ehm .. no, I looked for howto's and documentation for building
crosscompilers, they all say, that I have to build binutils with
target=mips64-linux first ...
no?
So I do not have a mips64-linux-gcc ...

>Are you using a combined set of sources (gcc and binutils) ?  If not,
>try doing so.

Where can I find documentation for it? I looked for it, but never find
it ...
		Regards
				Jan
--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..