Error building binutils from cvs
Jan-Hendrik Palic
palic@billgotchy.de
Wed Jan 1 13:00:00 GMT 2003
Hi ..
thnx for your Mail Nick ...
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 12:55:43PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
>Hi Jan-Hendrik,
>> checking whether the C compiler ( mips64-linux-gcc
>> -L/mnt/develop/toolchain/compiled/binutils/ld -O2 -g ) works... no
>> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
>> cannot create executables.
>> make: *** [mips64-linux/libiberty/Makefile] Error 1
>
>> I tried to build the cross binutils from today cvs on intel to
>> mips64-linux and from powerpc to mips64-linux ......
>>
>> I looked for mips64-linux-gcc and I did not found it ...
>
>Have you actually built a mips64-linux-gcc compiler ?
Ehm .. no, I looked for howto's and documentation for building
crosscompilers, they all say, that I have to build binutils with
target=mips64-linux first ...
no?
So I do not have a mips64-linux-gcc ...
>Are you using a combined set of sources (gcc and binutils) ? If not,
>try doing so.
Where can I find documentation for it? I looked for it, but never find
it ...
Regards
Jan
--
.''`. Jan-Hendrik Palic |
: :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux ** | ** OpenOffice.org ** ,.. ,..
`. `' http://www.debian.org | http://www.openoffice.org ,: ..` `
`- jan.palic@linux-debian.de | ' ` `
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 232 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20030101/f0c07aff/attachment.sig>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list