cygwin hosted cross compiler for Linux target : binutils configure hangs

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Wed Apr 2 14:31:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 07:00:40PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> "babu" <babu@altosys.co.in> writes:
>
> > Any hints on compiling glibc on cygwin host for Linux target.
>
> I wouldn't bother (unless you plan to do glibc development).  Just
> copy the files over from a GNU/Linux system.
>
> Otherwise you will have to ask the glibc developers what it takes to
> build glibc with a cross-compiler.

Building glibc with a cross-compiler is slightly frustrating, but
doable.  Doing it on Cygwin may be another story.  It relies on current
versions of a number of GNU tools, and is very picky about their
behavior; I'm guessing Cygwin has most of the same tools, but there's
no knowing whether their quirks will be close enough.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz