pc-relative relocs on alpha

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 19 02:25:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 10:17:51AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> What _has_ changed here is that the new code
> consistently folds symbol values back into fx_offset when removing
> fx_subsy and/or fx_addsy.

Um, I think I may have slipped up here.  fx_offset ought to be
adjusted by `.' (or md_pcrel_from?).  Something like your example
with `BAR - .' being turned into a pcrel reloc against BAR, fairly
obviously ought not result in an addend (fx_offset) that depends on
`.'.  The subtrahend can't be ignored like the old code did either, as
that breaks with `BAR - sym'.

I'll look into it later today.

--
Alan Modra