binutils-2.13.tar.bz2
Daniel Jacobowitz
drow@mvista.com
Thu Aug 8 09:11:00 GMT 2002
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 12:05:03PM -0400, Graeme Peterson wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I may have missed the e-mails discussing this, but is
> there a reason why the binutils-2.13 tarball and upgrade
> patch are only posted in bz2 format? I found, built and
> used bzip2, but it seems inconvenient to expect the world
> to have to do that.
>
> $ ftp ftp://ftp.gnu.org
> Connected to ftp.gnu.org.
>
> <snip big blurb>
>
> ftp> cd gnu/binutils
> 250 Directory successfully changed.
> ftp> pwd
> 257 "/gnu/binutils"
> ftp> ls *2.13*
> 200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
> 150 Here comes the directory listing.
> -rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 2177752 Aug 06 14:40 binutils-2.12.1-2.13-patch.bz2
> -rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 9882367 Aug 06 14:40 binutils-2.13.tar.bz2
> 226 Directory send OK.
> ftp>
>
> Thanks.
Because the makefile currently makes bz2 tarballs? :) I'll put up
gzipped versions in a little bit, thanks for the reminder.
--
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
More information about the Binutils
mailing list