[PATCH] Fix --eh-frame-hdr with DW_EH_PE_pcrel personality encoding

David O'Brien obrien@FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 29 12:23:00 GMT 2002


On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 09:37:50PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > Considering the number of serious bugs in 2.12.0 -- to the point of being
> > unusable on some platforms; shouldn't we move into prerelease stage now?
> 
> Now, maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but I'm not aware of
> the level of brokenness your message implies.  For release notes, at
> least, could you give a rough list?

About 1/2 of the 6000 third party applications (The FreeBSD Ports
Collection) are not buildable with Binutils 2.12.0.  There are two fatal
bugs:  the basename() incorrect usage, in which SO dependencies were made to
<functionname>.so rather than the lib the function was in.  The other was
that any time 'ld' needed to react to our __warn_references usage in
libc, it would core dump.  I also hit this when Bmaking GCC 3.1.
 
-- 
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)



More information about the Binutils mailing list