Failure in CRIS test

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Tue Apr 23 01:17:00 GMT 2002


Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 11:18:33PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:01:52AM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>> > > From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
>> > > Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:41:47 +0200
>> > 
>> > > HJ's binutils set -zcombreloc as default...
>> > 
>> > Test results for versions with local patches shouldn't be
>> > reported to FSF binutils until verified that the FSF version has
>> > the test failure too.
>> > 
>> 
>> Sorry for that. Can I send a patch to support with and without
>> -zcombreloc?
>> 
>> > But setting combreloc by default for ELF seems like a good idea.
>> > H.J., why not send a patch to FSF binutils for that?
>> 
>> I took it from Jakub. 
>
> For that I need to know that it works on all targets using elf32.em.
> I know it works for ia32/ia64/sparc*/ppc/s390*, but that's about it.

It works also on x86-64.

Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de
   private aj@arthur.inka.de
    http://www.suse.de/~aj



More information about the Binutils mailing list