Failure in CRIS test

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 00:12:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 11:18:33PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:01:52AM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > > From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
> > > Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:41:47 +0200
> >
> > > HJ's binutils set -zcombreloc as default...
> >
> > Test results for versions with local patches shouldn't be
> > reported to FSF binutils until verified that the FSF version has
> > the test failure too.
> >

> Sorry for that. Can I send a patch to support with and without
> -zcombreloc?
>
> > But setting combreloc by default for ELF seems like a good idea.
> > H.J., why not send a patch to FSF binutils for that?
>
> I took it from Jakub.

For that I need to know that it works on all targets using elf32.em.
I know it works for ia32/ia64/sparc*/ppc/s390*, but that's about it.
The target I'm worried about is mips which has its own .rel.dyn handling
which likely conflicts with -z combreloc.
If anyone tests this, I'll be more than happy to submit a patch to enable
-z combreloc by default (I wrote about this already to this list way back
when submitting -z combreloc patches).
Alternatively -z combreloc could be enabled by default and mips backend
wuold need to turn it off.

	Jakub