How to add 'relaxing' to loader for m68k

Peter Barada pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com
Wed Apr 10 07:06:00 GMT 2002


>> I think I'll have to add a special
>> reloc type that indicates the instruction is a 'move', 'pea', or 'bsr'
>> as well as mark pc-relative reloaction on everthing that can enclose
>> one of these relaxable types.
>
>I presume because for a given reloc, you have differing offsets to the
>start of instructions that may use that reloc.  Ick.  New relocs mean
>your object is no longer ABI compliant, if that matters.  Perhaps a
>better idea might be to create a special section with your extra
>relaxing info.

Are there any examples in gas/ld of using a special section for this?
I'm looking for a place to start.

-- 
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)
WaveMark Solutions(wholly owned by Motorola)   781-270-0193 (fax)



More information about the Binutils mailing list