How to add 'relaxing' to loader for m68k
Alan Modra
amodra@bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 10 00:41:00 GMT 2002
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:12:16AM -0400, Peter Barada wrote:
>
> Good idea about marking the object for relaxation. I don't want to
> inflate the relocation information so much that it makes dynamically
> linked library balloon in size.
If the linker is working properly, pcrel relocs won't be copied to the
dynamic library, so that shouldn't be a worry.
> I think I'll have to add a special
> reloc type that indicates the instruction is a 'move', 'pea', or 'bsr'
> as well as mark pc-relative reloaction on everthing that can enclose
> one of these relaxable types.
I presume because for a given reloc, you have differing offsets to the
start of instructions that may use that reloc. Ick. New relocs mean
your object is no longer ABI compliant, if that matters. Perhaps a
better idea might be to create a special section with your extra
relaxing info.
--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre
More information about the Binutils
mailing list