Which autoconf for BFD
Andrew Cagney
ac131313@cygnus.com
Sun Oct 28 20:49:00 GMT 2001
Hello,
I strongly suspect that BFD in the CVS repository was last re-generated
with autoconf 2.13 release rather than the autoconf snapshot (000227)
from the binutils FTP site.
If you regenerate using autoconf 2.13 release one line is tweeked.
Regenerating with 000227 does lots of things including the addition of
the --site-file option. Cf `cvs diff -r1.78 -r1.79 configure`.
--
The next problem I have is with generating bfd/configure from scratch
using a fully installed set of 000227 tools. By ``fully'' I mean
autoconf, automake, libtool and *gettext*. autoconf dies but the
problem is caused by a combination of aclocal and gettext. The 000227
gettext installs $PREFIX/share/cygettext.m4 and that contains an
alternative definition of CY_WITH_NLS. When aclocal is run in the bfd
directory that definition is sucked into aclocal.m4 and that in turn
scrambles autoconf.
(The 5.1 branch of GDB also has this problem, sigh).
Andrew
More information about the Binutils
mailing list