binutils patches for Cirrus/arm9e/maverick support
Richard Earnshaw
rearnsha@arm.com
Wed Oct 10 07:57:00 GMT 2001
> Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> >
> > > I'd go for maverick (in the same way as xscale or strongarm); but I'd
> > > prefer to see something in the config files that noted that this was
> >
> > ok, one last go. is it going to be maverick or arm9maverick?
> >
> > just let me know what it is so i can code it.
>
> It can't be just "maverick" because maverick is no one chip.
But then, nor is "arm", nor is "strongarm" and nor, probably, is "xscale",
yet all three are accepted as cpu names.
If you're going to insist on a particular name, then perhaps it should be
EP9312, but how many people are going to know what that is...?
Of course, if I put an ARM marketing hat on, then perhaps I should go for
arm9maverick (since then the ARM cpu is highlighted); but in reality, what
is going to be the most useful mnemonic for a user here?
More information about the Binutils
mailing list