binutils patches for Cirrus/arm9e/maverick support

Aldy Hernandez aldyh@redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 09:21:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 12:15, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Aldy, Hi Phil,
>

> > > Where did the name "arm9e" come from?  That doesn't strike me as a
> > > very good  choice.
> >
> > mr. clifton decided on that.  not sure why.
>
> I did ?!  When ?  I deny all knowledge :-)  It must have been back
> when I was young and impressionable and wowed by Aldy's suave latin
> looks.

you know me... it must be the broken motorcycle look.

> Anyway Maverick is a much better name, so I suggest that other than
> for backwrds compatibility, we use "Maverick" instead of "arm9e" in the
> future.  Agreed ?

what?  and change all the triplets?  and all the code indispersed(sp)
everywhere?

--
Aldy Hernandez					E-mail: aldyh@redhat.com
Professional Gypsy on a [broken] Motorcycle