Binutuls is broken now.

Hans-Peter Nilsson hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com
Mon Jun 18 18:51:00 GMT 2001


> Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:10:32 -0700
> From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:59:48PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> > It's fine to allow binary input files for ld -r in all cases.  In
> > general it's fine to allow any input file which has no relocations for
> > ld -r.
> 
> Given what we know, if my patch is not acceptable to everyone, may I
> suggest we revert the patch:
> 
> 2001-06-15  Hans-Peter Nilsson  <hp@axis.com>
> 
>         * ldlang.c (lang_check): Emit fatal error if relocatable link
>         between different object flavours.
> 
> We can find some better ways to deal with it later.

I disagree.  That would *again* SEGV as I described when the
patch was submitted.  I think your follow-up-patch would be much
better.

brgds, H-P



More information about the Binutils mailing list