undefined versioned symbol name (me too) <-- ld bug??
Johann Oskarsson
yohankun@yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 08:05:00 GMT 2001
Hi,
I, too, get this error when I try to compile kdelibs.
I can work around this by removing duplicated -l<lib>s, but the
doc say that is allowed...
I've attached log of the rerun of make and a shellscript that does
the linking correctly
Is this a bug in ld, and should I submit it as such????
Johann
bryanh at giraffe-data dot com (Bryan Henderson):
>I stumbled across a weird behavior that I'm trying to figure out.
>If I knew anything about versioned symbols, it might make sense.
>
>I do
>
> ld -shared /usr/lib/libc.so strdup.o
>
>strdup.o defines the symbol "strdup", which is obviously defined in
>libc.so as well. libc.so is glibc 2.1.3.
>
>This produces the error message:
>
> ld: a.out: undefined versioned symbol name strdup@@GLIBC_2.0
>
>Why? What is it telling me?
>
>This is followed by the message
>
> ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
>
>which kind of makes it sound like an internal failure. But I'm not
>jumping to any conclusions, since I don't know how versioned symbols
>work at all.
>
>This is GNU ld 2.10.1.
>
>--
>Bryan Henderson Phone
415-505-3367
>San Jose, California
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
kdelibs.log
khtml.sh
More information about the Binutils
mailing list