[patch] make gas ELF tests expect to fail on most mips*-*

Chris G. Demetriou cgd@sibyte.com
Wed Oct 18 19:26:00 GMT 2000

Eric Christopher <echristo@cygnus.com> writes:
> > There are other ways to fix this, e.g. put some more unique values in
> > the data being deposited, and allow zero bytes at the end of the
> > 'line' of output.  If y'all would like, I can whack the test cases to
> > do that.  All i ask for is guidance.  8-)
>
> Not being one of the maintainerly folks all I can do is comment, but I'd
> rather see the tests fixed than to simply disable them.  If the output
> is correct but xfailed we won't know when it is actually broken.

I agree, in general.  However, in this case, I didn't because it also
potentially effects the checks made on lots of other ELF targets.
(This is a somewhat similar issue to that raised in "to XFAIL or not
to XFAIL" thread, where i have a patch outstanding:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-10/msg00065.html )

Anyway, if one of the maintainers would give me the Word, I'd be glad
to do something more Right.  8-)

chris