[Fwd: first release candidate for 2.10.1]
Rod m. Stewart
rod.stewart@rebel.com
Wed Nov 1 09:25:00 GMT 2000
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: first release candidate for 2.10.1
> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:05:38 +0000
> From: Philip Blundell <pb@futuretv.com>
> To: binutils@sources.redhat.com
>
> This is now at < ftp://ftp.futuretv.com/pub/phil/binutils-2.10.1-rc1.tar.bz2 >.
>
> Please give it a go and report any feedback. I'll make the release at the end
> of the week unless any problems emerge.
One thing I noticed. If I configure with: --enable-targets=i386-pe,
well actually:
./configure i386-redhat-linux --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
--bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
--datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/usr/com
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared
--enable-targets=i386-pe
I have a problem. Well I don't need i386-pe support, but is it supposed
to be supported? This is on ix86 RH 7.0 and 6.2 boxes.
gcc -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -o .libs/dlltool dlltool.o defparse.o
deflex.o dyn-string.o bucomm.o version.o filemode.o
../bfd/.libs/libbfd.so ../libiberty/libiberty.a -lfl
../libiberty/libiberty.a(dyn-string.o): In function `dyn_string_new':
dyn-string.o(.text+0x40): multiple definition of `dyn_string_new'
dyn-string.o(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `dyn_string_new' changed from 65 to
38 in dyn-string.o
../libiberty/libiberty.a(dyn-string.o): In function `dyn_string_delete':
dyn-string.o(.text+0x70): multiple definition of `dyn_string_delete'
dyn-string.o(.text+0x50): first defined here
../libiberty/libiberty.a(dyn-string.o): In function `dyn_string_resize':
dyn-string.o(.text+0xd0): multiple definition of `dyn_string_resize'
dyn-string.o(.text+0xd0): first defined here
../libiberty/libiberty.a(dyn-string.o): In function `dyn_string_append':
dyn-string.o(.text+0x360): multiple definition of `dyn_string_append'
dyn-string.o(.text+0x80): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `dyn_string_append' changed from 68
to 82 in dyn-string.o
../libiberty/libiberty.a(dyn-string.o): In function `dyn_string_delete':
dyn-string.o(.text+0x70): multiple definition of `dyn_string_delete'
dyn-string.o(.text+0x50): first defined here
../libiberty/libiberty.a(dyn-string.o): In function `dyn_string_resize':
dyn-string.o(.text+0xd0): multiple definition of `dyn_string_resize'
dyn-string.o(.text+0xd0): first defined here
../libiberty/libiberty.a(dyn-string.o): In function `dyn_string_append':
dyn-string.o(.text+0x360): multiple definition of `dyn_string_append'
dyn-string.o(.text+0x80): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `dyn_string_append' changed from 68
to 82 in dyn-string.o
bucomm.o: In function `make_tempname':
bucomm.o(.text+0x3c3): the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use
`mkstemp'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [dlltool] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/stewart/rpms/BUILD/binutils-2.10.1/binutils'
Thanks,
-Rms
More information about the Binutils
mailing list