arm-elf ld fails phdrs test

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Mon Mar 13 12:35:00 GMT 2000

   Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:26:37 -0800
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

   Some ELF emulations define OTHER_TEXT_SECTIONS. But they won't
   show up in ld-scripts/phdrs.t. Maybe we should put all those
   sections in ld-scripts/phdrs.t.

We only need to add sections which the linker or assembler creates
automatically.  We don't need to add anything which can appear in
OTHER_TEXT_SECTIONS, because the testsuite specifies which sections to
create.  The testsuite will only get confused when some section is
automatically created that it doesn't know about.

In fact, automatically created sections should probably be put in the
/DISCARD/ section.  The .reginfo section is an example; that is
created by the MIPS assembler.

Ian