arm-elf ld fails phdrs test

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sun Mar 12 12:26:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 01:46:55PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> The current version of ld configured for arm-elf is failing the
> ld-scripts/phdrs.exp test.  The problem is that the last segment in the output
> file looks like this:
>
>     LOAD off    0x00000098 vaddr 0x00080098 paddr 0x00080098 align 2**15
>          filesz 0x00000004 memsz 0x00000004 flags rwx
>
> whereas it's not supposed to be executable.
>
> >From a quick poke around with the debugger it seems that the special .glue_7
> and .glue_7t sections are ending up in the .data segment, rather than in .text
> where they belong, and so the former segment is inheriting their executable
> flag.
>
> Does anybody have time to investigate this?

That is the bug in ld-scripts/phdrs.t:

---
PHDRS
{
  header PT_PHDR PHDRS ;
  text PT_LOAD FILEHDR PHDRS ;
  data PT_LOAD ;
}

SECTIONS
{
  . = 0x80000 + SIZEOF_HEADERS;
  .text : { *(.text) } :text
  .data : { *(.data) } :data
  /DISCARD/ : { *(.reginfo) }
}
---

Some ELF emulations define OTHER_TEXT_SECTIONS. But they won't
show up in ld-scripts/phdrs.t. Maybe we should put all those
sections in ld-scripts/phdrs.t.

H.J.