[PATCH]: ld/Makefile.am

Alexandre Oliva oliva@lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Fri Mar 10 09:38:00 GMT 2000


On Mar 10, 2000, "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 02:11:03PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> 
>> Then please explain how come pexecute prints that message.

You didn't.

>> How did you make sure that collect2 was properly exec()ed?

> I even ran ld-new by hand.

This doesn't answer my question.  I still don't have any reason to
believe it's a bug in libtool that causes this problem, and that it's
your patch that magically solves it, so I'd recommend against its
installation unless you show why it solves the problem, and it's not
just a coincidence.

-- 
Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaraná
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com
Free Software Developer and Evangelist    CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}   Write to mailing lists, not to me



More information about the Binutils mailing list