cvs update

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Wed Jun 14 00:03:00 GMT 2000

   From: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@calypso.engr.sgi.com>
   Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:17:11 -0700 (PDT)

   I constantly keep doing ``cvs update -PdR''.  When I do this I get a bunch of
   new things that I don't get when I do a ``cvs co binutils'' and I have to
   fix my CVS local tree manually.  Is the update command just broken or is
   this intentional?  I think it worked before the major restructuring of the
   CVS tree a while ago.

Sadly, you must omit the -d option.  I consider this to be a serious
CVS bug: it does not remember which module you checked out.
Unfortunately, the fix is quite complicated.

Another approach is to always simply do `cvs co -P binutils' from
above the src directory.  This will do the same amount of work as `cvs
update -PdR' and will avoid checking out directories which are not
part of the binutils module.

Ian